We’re back on this glorious Saturday afternoon to bring you another instalment of the Band Of The Day Interview!
What’s the point of these posts? Well, to introduce you to your potential new favourite band! So let’s dive into some French Nu-Metalcore!
1. If could introduce yourselves for us, who are you?
We are Mindwake, a French nu metalcore band founded in 2012, we love making violent music and we just released an album that’s called b-52, you have to check it!
2. How did you all meet?
We’ve been doing music in other bands, we all knew each other from the scene in the south of France and then at a party we were like “hey let’s make music!!!’’
3. How long have you been playing?
The band is founded since 2012 but personally i make music since i was a little kid, mabe 8 or 9yr 4. What three words would you use to describe the music you play?
5. What are your musical influences?
We have a lot of different influences some are obvious like slipknot, korn and all the nu metal era, but some are from outer space,or maybe too much weed.
6. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve seen during a show?
Hmmm probably boobs, or one time i saw a dude jumping so hard he hit his head in the ceiling of the venue and he knocked himself out, this show was one of the greatest memories i had for the moment.
7. Being away from the stages since last year, where is the one place you’d visit when the restrictions are lifted?
In any venues that wants us to play, we are at a point where we only want to tour everywhere in the world.
8. What’s the one record you own but wouldn’t ever admit to owning? Probably “round about midnight’’ by miles davis, i like it but in the tough guy’s disguise it’s weird to have that, I think ? In fact not i am proud of having every record i own ahaha 9. What have you been listening in the last few weeks?
Personally i listen a lot of hardcore these days like malevolence, deez nuts, desolated, lionheart, nasty and a lot of deathcore to like thy art is murder, slaughter to prevail etc… 10. Are there any releases you have planned in the near future?
Yes, we are currently writing and recording new sounds, that will be more heavy, more brutal and a lot more chaotic than “b52”.