Hello everybody and welcome back to another instalment of the Band Of The Day Interview! Today for you we have the Black Metal solo project also known as Kade Storm!
- If could introduce yourself for us, who are you?
I am Kade Storm, and I run my own Black/Droom Metal solo project under my name.
- How long have you been playing?
I’ve been doing this for a good while, though the beginnings are quite uneventful as I never released a lot of music over the course of almost twenty years.
- What three words would you use to describe the music you play?
Dark. Heavy. Atmospheric.
- What are your musical influences?
A very broad list. Basically all forms of Extreme Metal with a specific appreciation for Nordic Black Metal and other European Black, Doom, Death and Thrash Metal.
- What’s the weirdest thing you’ve seen during a show?
I haven’t done a lot of live shows, and with this project, I haven’t considered going live. That said, one time I saw two inebriated fellows collide in the middle of a pit, only to then start vomiting on each other. Probably not all that outlandish.
- Being away from the stages since last year, where is the one place you’d visit when the restrictions are lifted?
Due to personal circumstances, I don’t really get to attend a lot of live shows or venues. I am interested in getting more studio access, but then again, I managed the studio requirements even during the lock down.
- What’s the one record you own but wouldn’t ever admit to owning?
Practically everything I own is in line with the sort of stuff I listen to, so, I’m probably that boring person who doesn’t have that handful of secret records that fall entirely outside those parameters.
- What have you been listening to in the last few weeks?
I go through a lot of different tracks and records, old and new, but the newer ones that are on regular play these days would have to be “The Truth Behind The Lies” by Solitary, “The Haft Khan” by From The Vastland, “Dawn of the Damned” by Necrophobic, “Beyond the Horizon” by Amygdolor and just recently, “Empire of Bastards” by Under The Pledge of Secrecy.
- Are there any releases you have planned in the near future?
There are always ideas and concepts that I’m tackling my way through. For now, it’s a matter of getting the current LP, Ascension, which was released recently, further exposure as well as seeing its physical CD release via Narcopleptica Productions.
Check out Kadestorm via: