Hello everybody and welcome back to the Band Interview of The Day segment! Today we are chatting with Cathedral In Flames!
Let’s dive in!
- If could introduce yourselves for us, who are you?
“We are the gods, we are the goths we are the children of the blackest hole”. These days in magical Prague settled band that brings back to the lights goth rock music for 21st century.
- How did you all meet?
Phil Lee Fall and Gatsby were schoolmates so cruising the corridors of their high school they hit each other as two freaks, long hair, dressed in black and realized that they both have the same interest in the dark goth music and postpunk. They have met Ambra during one of the first recording sessions as they addressed her to sing backvocals.
- How long have you been playing?
We have started in 1989 and played till 1993. Then we took quite break till 2019.
- What three words would you use to describe the music you play?
The best goth rock.
- What are your musical influences?
Gatsby: Postpunk in general like Siouxsie and the Banshees, The Damned, Joy Division, The Cure but also Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds, Johnny Cash, leonard Cohen and last but not least Ennio Morricone.
Ambra von Bernstein: Dead Can Dance, The Sisters of Mercy, The Mission and Leonard Bernstein.
- What’s the weirdest thing you’ve seen during a show?
Gatsby: Phil Lee Fall jumping from the stage in the middle of fight when violence bunch of skinheads attacked our fans (and I jumped right after him).
- Being away from the stages since last year, where is the one place you’d visit when the restrictions are lifted?
Gatsby: Dunfermline, Scotland
- What’s the one record you own but wouldn’t ever admit to owning?
Gatsby: Modern Talking: the perverted vinyl gift from friend of mine.
Ambra von Bernstein: Queen: Bohemian Rhapsody
- What have you been listening in the last few weeks?
Gatsby: Orville Pack, The Stranglers, Snow Patrol, New Order.
Ambra: Giacomo Puccini – Turandot
- Are there any releases you have planned in the near future?
Springtime two singles. And be ready for surprise as we already compose new tracks.
Follow Cathedral In Flames via: