Hello everybody and welcome back to a new episode of the interview of the day series!
Apologies in advance for not getting any out there lately, things have gotten on top of me recently and I’ve had to make a few sacrifices but things are in motion to bring about a few changes to things so stay tuned in the new year for that!
So in case people have forgotten what happens on these series of posts, basically we ask a band or artist a few easy questions and get to know them a little better, lovely quick read for everyone and you get to listen to someone new at the end of things!
Today we have for you the Urban Pop Quintet hailing from Japan, The Lamb!
If you could introduce yourselves for us, who are you?
Hi, I’m Noboru from The Lamb. I’m the one who made plastic bags chargeable in Japan.
2. How did you all meet?
Yushi (drums) and I share the same hometown and have known each other since our teens.Junpei (bass) and I met in 2019 through his introduction.Kyuto (keyboards) and Shinjiro (sax) have only been in the band for a year.
3. How long have you been playing?
It’s been a year since all the current band members have been together.
4. What three words would you use to describe the music you play?
“Japanese-City-Pop”, or “It’s-not-popular”.
5. What are your musical influences?
Mostly rock music from the 60s or 70s. British and American. I’m 70 years old this year.
6. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve seen during a show?
Dancing old lady.
7. Being away from the stages since last year, where is the one place you’d visit when the restrictions are lifted?I want to perform in countries other than Japan.
8. What’s the one record you own but wouldn’t ever admit to owning?
t’s an MD I made when I was 13.
9. What have you been listening to in the last few weeks?
Hmmm, Bob Dylan. 2022 will surely be the year of Bob Dylan.
10. Are there any releases you have planned in the near future?
I have a single coming out in January called “Poolside”. In Japan, this is the time of year when we all go to the pool in the snow. Do you want to join us?
Check out their video for ‘Atlantis’ below.
Check out The Lamb via: