- If could introduce yourselves for us, who are you?
TK: We are Anthems of Gomorrah. We are a Melodic Black/Death Metal duo from Central Florida, USA.
- How did you all meet?
TK: We grew up involved in the same local music scene.
- How long have you been playing?
TK: We have both been played music for almost 20 years now.
- What three words would you use to describe the music you play?
TK: Dark, beautiful, and powerful.
- What are your musical influences?
TK: We tend to put a lot of influence on Old School Death Metal and Melodic Black Metal into our music. Old Man’s Child, Arcturus, Disembowelment, Nile, Morbid Angel, etc etc.
- What’s the weirdest thing you’ve seen during a show?
TK: Two grown adults fist fighting over a band being a certain genre. Some people choose the dumbest things to get heated over.
- Being away from the stages in the last few years, where was the first place you visited when the restrictions were lifted?
TK: Been to several! Myself and PS have seen Nile, Cattle Decapitation, Behemoth and several others recently.
- What’s the one record you own but wouldn’t ever admit to owning?
TK: If I tell you, that would be an admission! Although to be honest, I’m not ashamed of my music taste. I think the oddest albums in my collection would probably be a few of the Phonk/EDM/Trapwave albums I have. Some people find it odd that I have these tastes but good music is good music to me regardless of the genre.
- What have you been listening in the last few weeks?
TK: Now that our third album ‘Aelvica II’ has been released (available on our BandCamp!), we can finally stop listening to ourselves over and over again! My ears have been tuned in to some great stuff lately. Assumption’s ‘Hadean Tides’ album is stellar Death-Doom, Triumvir Foul just released a new album. I am excited for Phobophilic’s debut to release as well, I loved their ‘Undimensioned Identities’ EP. I am also very eager for Disembodiment to announce a debut. ‘Mutated Chaos’ hasn’t left my playlist since it released.
- Are there any releases you have planned in the near future?
TK: Yes! Next month, we’re putting out a strictly Blackened Death Metal album entitled ‘Debasement’ and in October, we will be releasing a small EP titled ‘More Tales… (Tales From Aelvica II)’ which will be comprised of new and unused material left over from the ‘Aelvica II’ sessions.
Thank you for your time! Please check us out on social media!