Hello everyone and welcome back to the band of the day interview! Today for you we have a fantastic metal band based out of Budapest and they are Heedless Elegance who are part of the Hungarian underground metal life.
Let’s get talking to them!
1.If could introduce yourselves for us, who are you?
– My name is Samuel Konter, I’m the vocalist of Heedless Elegance.
2.How did you all meet?
– With Zsolt we are friends since 2009 I think, we had a band together before we formed Heedless, so we know each other very well. We had a lot of line-up changes in the beginning so Albert Matyi and Dani were joining the band one by one after one person was kicked out or wanted to leave. Matyi joined us first, he came to one of our first shows with our dear friend Boti, and after the show he introduced him to us, that was the first time we met, and Boti said he is a bass player. After the next weeks we had to say goodbye to our bass player so we asked Matyi to play with us. Something similar happened with Dani as well, first he came to one of our shows, than we had to say goodbye to our guitarist, and 1 hour after the incidence we had the first rehearsal with him and next week our first show together. It was tough for him, because the situation and the faces were new, and that time we had the hardest time in the band emotionally because of the changes we needed to face. We laughed about this with him that he had no idea what was going on, he just came to play the songs, not really knew our names, and he jumped into the middle of our crises as a band. Luckily everything went well and he stayed with us. Albert closed the circle. After our drummer left us 1 week before our show we needed help. Alberts brother Bence used to play with us for a few gigs, he was the guy who could help us out but he wasn’t available, so he said his brother now can help. We did the show and we said to Albert that “you know that we won’t let you go, and if you want to leave, than we have to break your legs“ Luckily it was not necessary, cause finally he stayed. That is our final line up, I love all of them so much, and I’m proud I can be in a band with amazing and talented people.
3.How long have you been playing?
– From kindergarten till 4th grade I was playing on the piano, I hated to practice so I finished (my first big mistake) than from high school I was playing on the drums and in the meantime I started to jump into the world of screaming/growling stuffs. When I finished high school I moved to the U.K. for one year that time I started to play on the guitar to be able to write songs. When I moved back to Budapest we formed Heedless Elegance with Zsolt and my only clause was that I wanted to be the vocalist. And here we are now.
4.What three words would you use to describe the music you play?
– Emotion hits hard!
5.What are your musical influences?
– I started my “career” with Green Day when I was a child, their CD was the first I’ve ever gotten, after that step by step I started to fall into the heavier stuffs, first Metallica, than my all time favourite band
System Of a Down and after all the metalcore deathcore stuffs. I think I can feel the impact of these bands in my vision of music, but these days my influences are coming from other genres and arts. For example mostly these days I’m only listening to the songs of Twenty One Pilots or Ennio Morricone and some electronic musics like Drum and Bass or Goa.
6.What’s the weirdest thing you’ve seen during a show?
– Once I was in a Gutalax show and I saw a naked Jesus guy dancing chillingly in the middle of the moshpit, that was weird. But it was Gutalax and on those concerts nothing is weird, but that what’s came to my mind.
7.Being away from the stages since last year, where is the one place you’d visit when the restrictions are lifted?
– I’m gonna go to the first pub I can find and have a beer and a shoot of rum in the middle of the day.
8.What’s the one record you own but wouldn’t ever admit to owning?
– In Hungary there is a “band” for kids under the name of the famous kid show The Smurfs ( but in Hungarian language: Hupikék Törpikék), and they are playing famous pop-rock hits from the 90’S – 00’s and the lyrics are transformed into topics for kids or just fun sentences for them in Hungarian language, and also they pithed up the vocals to sound like the smurfs, like in Alvin and the Chipmunks. I have all the CD-s they have and even a lot of cassettes as well.
9.What have you been listening in the last few weeks?
– Mostly classical music, but I listened also Twenty One Pilots and the new Gojira songs.
10.Are there any releases you have planned in the near future?
– For now no. Our second LP called “LIBRA” just came out on the 31th of January and we are really proud of this release, we worked so much on it and we gave our souls and hearths to make it as good as it’s possible from us. As far as we are able to look back from now to the past two years we truly think that it has became a colorful, yet coherent album overall. It was a challenging task for us to create such an LP, while being honest and fulfilling our expectations to ourselves. Libra is a concept album – divided into two parts with eight songs in total – about a fictional character and it’s inner journey from a murder driven by a long awaited revenge to the dissolving death of himself.
– If you would like to check us out or you’d like to order merchandise or the albums you can find us on these links:
If you would like to order merchandise or the albums, you can do it here in the webshop of metal.hu