We’re back with another Band Interview of the day post and this week we have the Greek Alt Rockers in SKAGS! Let’s get to know them.
- If could introduce yourselves for us, who are you?
Hello guys, we are the alternative rock band SKAGS, from Athens , Greece.
- How did you all meet?
In 2017, founding members vocalist Spyretta Driva, Kostas Sokos (guitar), and Sotiris Angelidis (bass/vocals) came together with others to form a cover band, taking the first letter from each other’s name to form the acronym, and band name – SKAGS. Keyboardist Christina Papandreou and drummer Christos Alexandris would later join the band, as SKAGS found a solid line-up. Even though 2020 was a turbulent year for many, SKAGS used it to their benefit as they created what would become their debut album – ‘Digital Cage Of A Cursed Generation’. Released in November 2020, the record fuses together several style and influences, giving way to a unique sound for SKAGS. With its theatrical grandeur, euphoric synth lines and guitar-led soundscapes, ‘Digital Cage Of A Cursed Generation’ is a compelling collection as the Athens five-piece tell thought-provoking stories.
- How long have you been playing?
We are a band since early 2017 so about 4 years now.
- What three words would you use to describe the music you play?
Alternative Electronic Rock
- What are your musical influences?
We all share the love of music, however each one of us has his/her own personal taste. As a result, our music is influenced by diverse music genres, composers, and bands. It is worth mentioning though, Pink Floyd , Radiohead , Guns N Roses and Dream Theater which are the band’s most favourite artists and the ones that we grew up listening to.
- What’s the weirdest thing you’ve seen during a show?
After the end of a concert, a fan followed our singer to the toilet and opened the door, in order to ask for her cellphone number.
- Being away from the stages since last year, where is the one place you’d visit when the restrictions are lifted?
We can’t wait to play again live and also go to a concert of another artist.
- What’s the one record you own but wouldn’t ever admit to owning?
Madonna – Like A Virgin
- What have you been listening in the last few weeks?
Not something specific really… from Greek folk music to black metal to disco.. in general we have taken these time in order to expand our musical horizons.
- Are there any releases you have planned in the near future?
The band has many plans for the future and only some of them are:
-A release party for our album
-A live videoclip
-A new photography session
-Recording and releasing our second full album